Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

Learn Me Something

Sep 29, 2017

Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into scientific research behind the concept of “dark matter.” Humans can perceive empty space around them, but is that space truly empty?

Ordinary, observable matter (like stars and planets) makes up a measly 5% of the universe. The other 95%...


Sep 15, 2017

Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into the concept of happiness. What makes us happy, and why?

In philosophy, happiness translates the Greek concept of eudaimonia, and refers to the good life, or flourishing, rather than simply an emotion.

Cat

Duration: 1:05:00

Present: Aaron Stewart,...


Sep 8, 2017

Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into collateral damage, how the term is used in the media, and how language plays a vital roll in how horrific events are reported–including the need for more transparency in government.

Iraq war protest

Duration: 1:07:00

Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb


Episode...


Sep 4, 2017

Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into a pain. Pain is one of the few shared experiences, but not all of us feel it the same.

You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that...